Thursday, November 7, 2013

Man Hands

Did you see that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry goes on a date with a girl who has man hands?
Nor have I. I remember people talking about it though when that show was still on. Anyways, that's what I'm dealing with since I have started Crossfit. I have a mean case of Man Hands.

Don't believe me?
Do you see those blisters?! Those are certainly not the hands of a dainty young lady. Sometimes I wonder if my husband feels like he is in prison when rub my hands on him.  The pull up bar is brutal....then they make you hang from it like a third grader on the monkey bars...but your body is no longer that of a third grader and your poor little palms are screaming in pain from the belly full of chicken fingers and beer they now have to hold up.

My trainers swear to me that every movement we do has an everyday practical use, but short of fighting off a zombie apocalypse I just can't see how. If we are really being honest here though, that is my secret motivation to Crossfit. One day I will probably need to fight off zombies just long enough to make it back home to pick out my forever outfit. (Your forever outfit is the clothes that you will forever roam the Earth in once you are bitten and become a zombie).

Shout out to Rebirth Crossfit - stopping zombies one burpee at a time.

5 comments:

  1. I check your blog every morning so I hope you keep it up. I personally have no desire to join Crossfit. Kudos to you on that. I will, however, begin contemplating my forever outfit. It seems like an important decision that I have overlooked making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I will!! Yes, definitely get going on that outfit choice.

      Delete
  2. PS I don't want to meet the person who has not seen that episode. Or any episode of Seinfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I am LOL. Forever outfit. Just another thing to worry about now. The anxiety is starting. I think you should post about what your forever outfit would look like. And I think the Man Hands episode had something to do with the girl having SUPER big hands. hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I teeter in between wearing something super cute and wearing something super odd...like a clown outfit with a horse mask on. Because what would be scarier than a zombie horse clown?!

      Delete